Monday, September 20, 2010

What's with the name?

Does the name Winnie Cooper ring a bell? I have found that there are a few different reactions to the name, 1. Instant recognition and smiles, 2. Vague recollection of something familiar and a quizzical look, 3. Folks who think my last name is Cooper.


Just in case y'all are in categories 2 or 3...Winnie is named after a character in the late 80's/ early 90's dramedy, "The Wonder Years."

Winnie Cooper and Kevin Arnold

Can you see the resemblance? Big brown eyes. Unbearable cute levels.

There are several ways to tell the 2 different Winnie Coopers apart:
Winnie the dog has never:

Winnie Cooper the character/ actress Danica Mckellar has never:
Pooped in front of all my friends while they were helping me move.

See? The same. But different.

4 comments:

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks.