Monday, November 8, 2010

Spot Bot, You had me at "Hands Free"

Welcome to our family:  Bissell SpotBot Pet Hands-Free Compact Deep Cleaner! Or as we like to call you, the "Spot Bot."

A few months ago I was looking for a carpet cleaner for when there are little accidents. As anyone with pets knows, there's always something....whether it is number one, number two, vomit, hairballs, mud, or sometimes even blood. And when you rent and there's carpet, in the interest of seeing the deposit back and keeping the place sanitary...something has to be done.

This is where the Spot Bot came in. A long time ago, I owned a Bissell Little Green Cleaner. I really liked the Little Green Cleaner, it was small, compact and when my dog, Daisy, was suffering from cancer and couldn't always make it outside to do her business, it was great to have it. So, I started my search for a new compact carpet cleaner by researching my old friend, the Little Green.

Of course in that kind of creepy way that Amazon.com always seems to know what I am looking for, (aka: I am so transparent in my needs that a web recommendations engine has my number!) as soon as I looked up the Little Green, Amazon recommended the Spot Bot.

The Spot Bot had me at "Hands Free." I was looking for something a bit more powerful than the Little Green but with the same compact and easy to use features.  The Spot Bot arrived (via Amazon.com) a few months ago, and although the opportunities to use it are, thankfully, few and far between, when you need it, you NEED it. The Spot Bot easily cleans up little accidents (oops, we forgot to let the dogs out before bed!) and bigger problems areas (why does that area of the carpet smell weird? it smells like someone spilled a jar of pickles...PS that problem came with the place). The only downsides of the Spot Bot: 1. It's kind of loud, and like the vacuum cleaner, Sharona is not a fan. 2. The solution used in the Spot Bot is not cheap. 

But all of that is outweighed by the hands free operation and the excellent cleaning job that it does. Seriously, you can just set the Spot Bot down over the stain, hit a button and come back when it's done! Did I mention the Spot Bot is hands free? Awesome. For anyone that has spent hours of their life with a spray bottle and a roll of paper towels trying to get stains out...well you will truly appreciate that hands free feature!

So, tell me, do you have any special cleaning tips or tricks for keeping a tidy home amongst the chaos (and fun) of multiple pets? Anyone have a Spot Bot or something like it that they recommend? Tell me about it in the comments!

PS Sadly, neither Bissell or Amazon.com perked or paid for this blog post. I just really do like the Spot Bot that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks.