Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Truth about Pit Bulls: Sharona-palooza Post 2.

The truth is, I am not an expert in Pit Bull's or their behavior. I just have my own experience with owning a Pit Bull and having the pleasure of meeting many, many Pit Bulls over the years.

For the low down, read this article from the ASPCA's Virtual Pet Behaiorist: The Truth About Pit Bulls. My favorite quote from the article is, "Despite this bad rap, a well-bred, well-socialized and well-trained pit bull is one of the most delightful, intelligent and gentle dogs imaginable. It is truly a shame that the media continues to portray such a warped image of this beautiful, loyal and affectionate breed. Pit bulls once enjoyed a wonderful reputation. Some of the most famous dogs in American history were pit bulls."

I laughed out loud when I read, "The majority are cherished family members. Pit bulls become very attached to their people, and most love nothing better than cuddling on the couch or sleeping in bed with their pet parents (preferably under the covers)!" Reminds me of every night that I have spent struggling with Sharona as she takes her sweet time getting comfortable under the covers. 

More links of Pit Bull awesomeness:
BAD RAP (Bay Area Doglovers Responsible About Pit Bulls)
The Working Pit Bull 
The Stubby Dog Project on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks.