Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Local love: Home Fur the Holidays

What could be better than shopping for your best friend and supporting a good cause while you do it? Not much, if you ask me. That's why I will be at Home Fur the Holidays on December 11th at Play Dog Play: Canine Care Center.

This Vermont event is about all about, "Vermont pet manufacturers, businesses, and artists coming together once a year to hold a holiday pet festival of gifts to benefit the Humane Society of Chittenden County."

25% off all sales at this event will be donated to one of Winnie Cooper's fave shelters, the Humane Society of Chittenden County. Not only does this event raise money for a favorite cause, the vendors also include some of our favorite treats and toy makers! Some of Santa Paws' best elves, if you will.

Pupcat Bakery will be there. Winnie and Sharona LOVE their Vermont Cheddar Love Biscuits. I am thinking I will pick up some as stocking stuffers and maybe a bag or two as gifts for the "cousins"--my sister-in-law's Boston Terriers, Gertie and Millie. 

Rocket Dog of Vermont will also be there. They make a fantastic toy called "Wooly Balls" that are made of felted wool. I have purchased these as gifts, I like giving gifts that are hand made in Vermont, colorful and best of all FUN!

If this sounds like your kind of holiday shopping, you can get all the latest and greatest details from the Home Fur the Holidays Facebook page.

See you on December 11th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks.