Friday, December 3, 2010

Da Word about Da Bird!

It's a bit sad to admit that my cat is 8 years old and he's never had a toy of his own before. But, he's always been a part of a multiple cat household until this year.

Walter's kitty siblings both passed away earlier this year and he's been adjusting to being an only cat for the past six months or so. At first I wasn't sure how he would do and I thought I might have to adopt a cat to keep him company. However, I think Walter is actually quite enjoying finally getting some much deserved attention and being the "top cat" so to speak. Walter is having a bit of a renaissance in our home. He's a cool, handsome kitty, and seeing him content has been immensely helpful to me in dealing with the grief of losing my other two cats.
Napzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Walter received his very first toy of his own as a gift about a month ago. His very own Tickle Pickle! A catnip filled pickle toy (duh, obviously) made by Pup Cat Bakery. Walter really likes it, but it's more of a sit and drool and roll around stoned kind of romance with the tickle pickle. That's why when Walter got his next toy, I wasn't sure if he would be into a more interactive toy.

Enter, Da Bird. I was lucky enough to win this awesome little toy on a Facebook contest from Drs. Foster and Smith Pet Supplies. Walter was smitten the second I pulled this toy out of the bag. Somehow he knew it was his and he began chasing it like a cat on fire. And even though this caused Winnie to start chasing him, he didn't seem to mind (probably because he's quite a bit bigger than her and quite possibly the most tolerant cat in the world) and they both happily zoomed around the room, Walter going after Da Bird and Winnie after Walter.

Da Bird is a wand with a fishing line and a bobbing feather at the end. As most cat owners know, kitty's will chase pretty much anything on a string, so it's seems like it might be a waste of money to buy a toy that you can essentially make from a stick and string...however, I am here to tell you that Da Bird is worth the investment. I have never seen Walter move like that! And I had to hide the toy in a drawer when I was done because he wouldn't leave it alone. 

All in all, I think Walter is doing just fine now.
Walter: "Adjusting" to being an only cat.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I'm so happy the Walter likes his Da Bird! Kitties of all ages need some stimulation, and it sounds like Da Bird is perfect for him. Sweet story, thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Thanks.